Excellence in performance.
The 870 EVO achieves the maximum SATA interface limit of 560/530 MB/s2 sequential speeds. Everyday users can now enjoy professional-level SSD performance. Intelligent TurboWrite technology accelerates write speeds and maintains long-term high performance with a larger variable buffer.
Providing up to 2,400 TBW3 (terabytes written) under a 5-year limited warranty4, the 870 EVO meets the industry’s leading standards of reliability. It withstands tasks from everyday computing to 4K/8K video processing and comes equipped with the latest V-NAND and MKX controller that ensure a stable host experience.
Compatible and versatile.
The 870 EVO passed compatibility tests with major host systems and applications, including chipsets, motherboards, NAS, and video recording devices.5As the latest entry in the globally best-selling EVO series, the 870 EVO’s proven versatility is compatible with systems and tasks of any user.
Upgrade with ease.
Upgrading to the 870 EVO is made easy for anyone with a desktop PC or notebook that supports a standard 2.5-inch SATA form factor. Enjoying this masterpiece SSD is as convenient as plugging in the 870 EVO into a SATA slot, and letting the renewed migration software take care of the rest.
Samsung Magician Software.
The free Samsung Magician management software can help you unleash the full potential of your SSD. The new and improved version, you will keep your SSD in check, have an eye on its functionality and status parameters, and optimise its performance.
1. Sources: 850 EVO and 860 EVO series, NPD (US data from Jan. 2015 to Apr. 2020) and GfK (EU5 data from Jan. 2015 to Apr. 2020, China data from Sep. 2018 to Apr. 2020)
2. Performance may vary based on the SSD’s firmware version, system hardware and configuration. Sequential performance measurements are based on Intelligent TurboWrite technology.
Test system configuration: Intel® Core i7-470K CPU at 4.00 GHz, DDR3 1,600 MHz 8 GB, OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Chipset ASUS Z97 PRO.
3. Warrantied TBW (Terabytes Written): 150 TBW for 250 GB model, 300 TBW for 500 GB model, 600 TBW for 1 TB model, 1,200 TBW for 2 TB model and 2,400 TBW for 4 TB model.
4. 5-years or TBW, whichever comes first. Full warranty terms and conditions can be found at: samsung.com/de/support/warranty/
5. Compatibility tests conducted with Samsung internal, AMD, MSI, Gigabyte, Synology, QNAP, BlackMagicDesign and ATMOS systems.