Here’s what’s happened in the months since the big move.
- As part of the energetic renovation of the 1987 office building, we have scrapped gas as an energy source.
- New carports on the parking lot are equipped with photovoltaic panels with a capacity of 297 kWp and ready to feed an annual 300+ MWh into the national power grid—or the equivalent of the annual consumption of 140 people.
- Inside, LED lighting automatically turns on and off and adjusts to ambient light conditions.
- All hardware equipment is TCO Certified to meet sustainability criteria.
- We have raised awareness among employees for energy-saving measures both at home and in the office.
- We’ve signed a clean power contract with local utilities company, Électricité de Strasbourg, which is invested in renewable energy facilities in the Alsace region:
- Micro hydroelectric plants, biomass plants processing sawmill waste, photovoltaic facilities, as well as the world’s first deep geothermal power plant in northern Alsace.
- Heating and air conditioning are controlled centrally to optimise both comfort and consumption.
- We consistently monitor energy consumption, which informs the Bechtle Group’s sustainability reporting.
What’s the role of remote work when it comes to green energy?
Illkirch-Graffenstaden is a prime location for commuters. Situated in the south of the Strasbourg metropolitan area, it is well connected to the tram and bus lines of the public transport network, a dense cycle network, and also close to multiple motorway junctions. This encourages people to choose low-impact modes of transport. and we’re also seeing in-house carpooling initiatives taking shape.
Plus, employees may choose to work form home on two days per week, also reducing travel to and from the office.
* For every KWh consumed, we pay a surcharge towards the development of renewable energy production.