Incredible speeds plus rock-solid reliability
The Kingston SSD A400 provides ultra-responsive multitasking, higher performance and speeds 10x those of a 7200 RPM hard drive.
Kingston’s A400 solid-state drive dramatically improves the responsiveness of your existing system with incredible boot, loading and transfer times compared to mechanical hard drives. Powered by a latest-gen controller for read and write speeds of up to 500 MB/s and 450 MB/s1, this SSD is 10x faster than a traditional hard drive for higher performance, ultra-responsive multi-tasking and an overall faster system.
Also more reliable and durable than a hard drive, A400 is built with Flash memory. There are no moving parts, making it less likely to fail than a mechanical hard drive. It is also cooler and quieter, and its shock and vibration resistance which makes it ideal for notebooks and other mobile computing devices
A400 is available in multiple capacities from 120 GB–960 GB to give you all the space you need for applications, videos, photos and other important documents. You can also replace your hard drive or a smaller SSD with a drive big enough to hold all your files.
This SSD is designed for use in desktop and notebook computer workloads and is not intended for server environments.
- Fast start-up, loading and file transfers
- More reliable and durable than a hard drive
- Multiple capacities with space for applications or a hard drive replacement
1. *1. Based on “out-of-box performance” using a SATA Rev. 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software, and usage.
2. Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products.
Discover the full range of Kingston A400 products:
- Discover Kingston’s wide-ranging SSDs. 10x faster than a traditional hard drive
- Available in various form factors and intended for use with PCs and laptops.
- Enables fast start-up, loading and file transfers.
*1. Based on a standard model using a SATA Rev. 3.0 motherboard.
Speed may vary due to host hardware, software, and usage.
** Some of the listed capacity on a flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide