VMware Cloud Foundation – Faster and easier into the hybrid cloud.
The hybrid cloud is currently the solution of choice for companies wanting to step into the cloud. According to the Avanade study, “The world is becoming hybrid”, 87% of companies surveyed are planning to use a hybrid cloud, but the path that leads there is arduous and strewn with obstacles.
With the VMware Cloud Foundation, there is now a comprehensive hybrid cloud platform from VMware that simplifies the way into the cloud. It is specially designed for the software-defined data centre (SDDC) and unifies well-known virtualisation solutions vSphere, vSAN, NSX and the vRealize Suite into a natively integrated stack with the VMware SDDC Manager. This creates the foundation for an enterprise cloud-ready infrastructure that efficiently bundles private and public clouds.
Learn more about the business value of Dell EMC VxRail and VMware Cloud Foundation on Dell EMC VxRail.
The data centre infrastructure industry is undergoing a landmark transformation, driven by the need to streamline IT processes so IT teams can make decisions based on business outcomes. Read more in the IDC business value report.
Benefits for businesses:
- Up to 15 times quicker times-to-market
- Simpler processes for system designing, testing, launching, configuration, and deployment
- Up to 20 times faster deployment by the user thanks to self-service automation
- Quicker and more secure deployments thanks to designated VMware validated design standards
- 30-40% cost reduction for private cloud deployment
- Automated lifecycle management—from deployment to cloud configuration, provisioning of infrastructure clusters to patching/updating of the entire software stack
- More powerful and scalable storage with HCI architecture
- Integrated security with NSX micro segmentation, shared firewalls, VPNs at network level, vSAN encryption for VMs, and much more.
- Autonomous operation with automatic management of system status, performance, capacity, and configuration
- Perfect collaboration of the entire VMware software-defined stack
- More flexibility in provisioning applications and services in the cloud
- Enterprise-class services for traditional and container-based applications (specially for DevOps teams)
- Consistent user experience across all services
And it gets even easier.
With new technologies, services, and resources coming out all the time, IT is becoming ever more complex. For companies, this ultimately means more time, more staff, and more costs to drive projects forward. In order for companies to start benefitting from switching to the hybrid cloud immediately, VMware simplifies cloud management with their intelligent VMware SDDC Manager.
Thanks to automation, standard VMware validated designs, autonomous operation, and the perfect interplay of VMware products, cloud management is even easier and more efficient.
The main application areas for VMware Cloud Foundation.
The key application areas for VMware Cloud Foundation are cloud infrastructure, IT automation, hybrid cloud, end-to-end security and virtual desktops.
And best of all, with Cloud Foundation, infrastructure can be easily, automatically, and reliably provisioned in the form of workload domains. And this means no server installation, no storage and network configurations, and also the integration of management tools can be done away with.
Thanks to automation, infrastructures can be deployed in hours rather than weeks.
How can VMware Cloud Foundation software be integrated?
There are three ways to do this:
- Software deployment to vSAN ReadyNodes (Cisco, Dell EMC, Fujitsu, Hitachi Vantara, HPE, Lenovo and QCT) and network switches
- As an integrated system that can be pre-installed via the following original equipment manufacturers: Dell EMC, Fujitsu, Hitachi Vantara and QCT
- As a public cloud service, such as in the VMware Cloud on AWS or via VMware Cloud providers such as IBM Cloud, Rackspace, Fujitsu, CenturyLink, OVH and NTT