Please book your flight and the hotel yourself. We can help you if you require support.
- We recommend arriving on Monday 20 March so you can join us for the Welcome Dinner.
- The ideal airport to land at is San Francisco or San José , California.
- The agenda includes an exciting and varied programme of activities until the afternoon of Thursday, 23 March. Therefore a good day to fly back would the afternoon/evening of Friday, 24 March.
Hyatt Centric Santa Clara Silicon Valley
3100 Lakeside Drive, Santa Clara, California, United States, 95054
The hotel provides a breath-taking panoramic view of Silicon Valley and other landmarks. It’s only a few minutes away from the Silicon Valley’s cultural centre and is right near the San José international airport. Please book a room directly or via one of the well-known booking portals, preferably with an option to cancel. Of course, you can always choose any other hotel in the area.
- Google Campus: Building MP4, 1190 Bordeaux Drive, Sunnyvale
- VMWare Campus: 3401 Hillview Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
- Intel Corporation: 2200 Mission, College Blvd HQ
- Vineyard Thomas Fogarty: 19501 Skyline Blvd. Woodside, CA 94062, USA
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar: 180 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94394, USA
- Google Bayview Campus & Googleplex: Lassen Sie sich überraschen.
The climate in San Francisco in March is quite dry, though still quite cold. The average temperatures are 14°C. We therefore recommend taking some warm clothing with you. Sunrise is at 06:20 and sundown at 18:17.
California is in the Pacific Time Zone (CET -9).
Emergency hone number:
You will receive non-disclosure agreements from Google, Intel and VMware in advance. Please sign these in time. We can only partake in the programme with our partners when the NDAs are signed.
Only fully vaccinated persons are allowed to travel to the USA. There are no exceptions for those who have recovered from the illness. Vaccinated persons must present a negative corona test (PCR or rapid antigen test) no older than a day to the airline when boarding. This means that the test must be carried out on the day before the flight at the earliest. The time of the test doesn’t play a role. You can for example check in on a Wednesday afternoon at 18:00 if you took the test on a Tuesday at 10:00.
On 3 November 2014, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) added additional fields for information in its applications for visitors that are submitted via the Electronic System f This affects travellers from countries included in the Visa Waiver Program, which includes Germany. Travellers from VWP countries are asked to provide additional passport data, contact information as well other possible names/pseudonyms at least 72 hours before departure. These changes were made to protect the security of travellers to the United States. https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ (ESTA form).
Your airline will give you other documents that you have to fill out during your flight to the USA. All travellers are required to fill out the CBP Form 6059B. Travellers that are not US citizens and want to travel to the USA with a visa will receive the I-94 form (white) as well as a document that registers their entry/exit dates. These will also have to go through the US-VISIT process at passport control. A CBP officer will take your fingerprints as well as a picture of you electronically, which will all be added to your travel documents. US-VISIT uses biometric data to find out your identity and identification features and check them.
Any questions or comments? I look forward to hearing from you.