The global market leader for intelligent data management.
About Veeam software
Veeam® is a global market leader in the supply of backup solutions for multi-cloud data management and the Veeam Availability Platform is a holistic solution customers can leverage to automate their data management and cloud platforms in 5 steps. More than 365,000 customers around the world rely on Veeam solutions, including 81% of Fortune 500 companies and 66% of Global 2000 businesses. With a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 75, the software manufacturer has a proven track record in customer satisfaction. Its partner ecosystem includes 68,000+ sales partners including some 24,500 cloud and service providers and the company also enjoys special reseller agreements with Cisco, HPE, Lenovo and NetApp. Veeam is headquartered in Baar, Switzerland and has 30 branches around the globe. For more information, visit www.veeam.com or follow Veeam on Twitter @Veeam.
Questions about VEEAM and its solutions?
Get in touch.
We’re happy to help.
We’re demanding ever more of our data, with it needing to reach a whole new level of intelligence, automatically identify and respond to needs and be transferred securely to multi-cloud infrastructures to give you the insights you need to develop innovations faster and deploy new digital services and experiences.
Modern companies are faced with the two-fold challenge of efficiently managing and analysing data generated and ensuring your in-house and external customers enjoy a seamless digital experience and when it comes to data management and back up, the cloud doesn’t make things easier.
Benefit from portable licences!
Veeam Universal License (VUL) allows customers to leverage just one type of licence across all workloads, whether they be cloud-based, virtual, physical, local or in public clouds. and thanks to this universal option, Veeam has made it easier than ever to implement a multi-cloud strategy.
VUL offers all the portability benefits of Veeam Instance Licensing, taking it to the next level by simplifying bundling and merging all at a more affordable price.
Different name. Significantly better experience!
For e-mail admin in the energy industry, cloud technology is the only way to go for Trianel.
Trainel opted for a Bechtle cloud solution and now enjoys a secure network available 24×7 at a low cost and with little admin.
A partner for building a server and storage architecture.
Some things just don’t go together, like an engineering office employing nearly 100 highly skilled staff and an archaic IT infrastructure that can no longer be maintained. It was therefore understandable that the experts at Harrer Ingenieure GmbH sought out specialist support for their IT project.
As the switch to multi and hybrid cloud environments continues apace and portability becomes top of the agenda, subscription licensing models are becoming indispensable, which is why Veeam has made the decision to expand its subscription portfolio. Customers benefit in the following ways:
- Universal portability – A single portable licence solution can be used across various Veeam products and workloads.
- Simplicity – Easier licence ordering, management and merging.
- Optimum value for money – More features at a lower price per workload. You buy only what you need without running the risk of tying yourself to specific workload types.
- Price security – Prepaid multi-year contracts that avoid price increases or use-based invoicing.
- Use-based payment – You only buy what you need and scale up/down as required when the contract comes up for renewal.
- No tie ins – If you're not happy, you don’t have to extend the contract.
- Included support – Enjoy 24×7×365 production cost throughout the contract term at no extra cost.
A Veeam Universal Licence (VUL) is easier to transfer and manage and is also much more user-friendly than a Veeam Instance Licence (VIL). As was the case with VILs, VULs are also sold as bundles, but these are homogeneous versions with full functionality. Confusing licence or instance calculations are a thing of the past as 1 VUL licence also secures 1 workload. Since 01 October 2019, Veeam only sells Universal Licences and existing customers will be upgraded once version v10 is installed.
VULs can already be used for a wide range of purposes with more becoming available as time goes by. These licences can be used for most workload types, such as VMs and cloud-based VMs, physical servers and workstations plus enterprise application plug ins. The following is a list of workload types for which VULs can currently be used:
- VMs – VMware vSphere, Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV – Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Physical servers and workstations – Veeam Agents for Microsoft Windows and Linux.
- Cloud-based workstations – Veeam Agents for Microsoft Windows and Linux.
- Enterprise applications – Oracle RMAN and SAP HANA — Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise Plug-in or Veeam Agents for Microsoft Windows and Linux.
- NAS file server – Veeam Backup & Replication (coming soon).
- Monitoring – Veeam ONE (part of the Veeam Availability Suite or Essentials).
Subscription and perpetual licences can be used simultaneously in customer environments and centrally managed. One licence type must be used for the entire workload. If you secure VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V VMs with perpetual socket licences, all vSphere/Hyper-V VMs with socket licences in this environment must be secured. VULs can, however, be used for all other workload types if they aren’t VMs.